Welcome to Neptune’s Rule Page. To safeguard the best interest of our Member-base and the values that govern our Community, we’ve listed our complete rule set below. These rules stretch across all of our services and should be respected by all of our users. Please take the time to click the boxes and read these rules carefully. Do not try to look for loopholes or try to haggle your way around them – just understand them.
If you have any questions about these rules and regulations, or have a simple query of which you’d like to have clarified, please do not hesitate to contact our awesome support team via the email address at the bottom of the web-page. In addition, you may not like everything you see on Neptune. If you believe that any content on our Services is inappropriate or falls short of our values, please ensure to notify us as soon as possible. We will be happy to help!
Whilst utilizing Neptune’s services, please ensure to only use the English Language over text based channels and communication tools. Whilst on Voice Chat, this rule is relaxed, but please note, when seeking support from our staff team, English is the preferred medium.
Neptune requests from its users not to:
- Use derogatory slurs directed at others to degrade them or humiliate them. We promote respect.
- Post personally identifiable information (i.e. names, addresses, emails, phone numbers etc).
- Promote cheating, hacking or gaming exploits – this includes posting links to web-pages, videos, images etc.
- Post spam in any of our text based communication services.
And lastly, we do not approve or permit any soliciting, begging, auctioning, selling, advertising (including DM advertising) or referrals – unless such acts are permitted within game mechanics of our servers.
Do not create alternate, backup, or multiple accounts, especially to increase your chances of winning rewards/events/giveaways or to escape a penalty that has been imposed against you.
Use the same user name ingame, on TeamSpeak, Discord, forums and across all of Neptune’s services.
- When on Discord, please refrain from mentioning an entire role. If you ask a question, it is likely a Member or a Veteran of the community would be able to answer your question.
- You are required to categorize your content appropriately. When uploading content to our Discord, please ensure to upload such content to the correct correlating categories/channels.
- Please refrain from derailing a channels/categories topic and do not channel hop to disturb other people using our Voice Channels.
Decisions and Interpretations
all decisions made by the appropriate Neptune Staff members are final and conclusive. All rules and regulations are to be interpreted as per Neptune’s First Charter.
No Backseat Moderating
Let the Moderators do the moderating. Backseat Moderating is when people who are not Moderators try to enforce the rules, regulations and guidelines of the community. Whenever you see a person breaking the rules, please report this issue to an Moderator.
If you observe a fellow forum member breaking these rules please report the post to a Moderator. All reports must be supplemented with evidence of the breach of these rules, regulations or guidelines. This can take any form (pictures, videos, recordings etc.), but must be clear and the breaching parties must be identifiable.
The NG community is important to us and we want to see it flourish. To ensure this is possible, any content or acts of threats will be taken seriously and are considered zero-tolerance violations and all accounts associated with such activities will be indefinitely suspended. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Attempts or threats to physically harm or kill others
- Attempts or threats to hack, DDOS, or SWAT others
- Use of weapons to physically threaten, intimidate, harm, or kill others
In order to Partner with NeptuneGaming, the interested party must comply with the following pointers:
- The interested parties discord server must have 100 members (not including bots),
- The interested parties discord server must have a dedicated channel for partnerships;
- The interested parties discord server must clearly provide a clear description of its agenda;
- The interested parties server must comply with Discords Terms of Service;
- The ad intended to be posted onto our server must satisfy the following:
- Have a permanent invite link,
- Have a description;
- Complies with Neptune’ rules and regulations.
Please note, we require at least one of your representatives to stay & remain apart of Neptune’s discord for a true partnership. If all representatives leave, we will end our partnership. In addition, we will not ping.
When signing up to NG Services, both your Account Name and Team Name must comply with these Guidelines. Therefore, neither references can contain either of the following:
- Any racist, sexist or trolling references
- This includes any abbreviation of any prerogative words. Meaning, use of ‘*’, ‘numbers’ or anything for that matter which attempts to censor out any banned terminology or single letters. If it makes reference to banned terminology, your application will be denied.
- This also includes topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech & controversial religious/illness topics.
- Any references to political parties, political individuals or political subjects
- This includes past, present or futuristic.
- References to sensitive current or historical events.
- No derogatory terms are permitted .
- This includes anything insulting or disrespectful.
- Profanity is as well, excluded.
The above conditions are by no means exhaustive and the NG staff team reserves the right to redact any nicknames or aliases where is is believed to be necessary.
Neptune safeguards the following Characteristics:
- Gender Reassignment;
- Marriage and Civil Partnership;
- Pregnancy and Maternity;
- Religion or Belief;
- Sex; and lastly,
- Sexual Orientation.
Any form of discrimination against any of these factors will result in a ban without warning.
All content found on Neptune’s services should be considered as “Safe for Work”. Therefore, external content and links must not contain any of the following:
- Pornography, gross content or anything else we consider as NSFW;
- Threats of violence or harassment;
- Soliciting, begging, auctioning, selling, advertising or referrals; and lastly,
- Any form of Discrimination.
In addition, nudity and sexually explicit content or activities, such as pornography, sexual acts or intercourse, and sexual services, are prohibited. All uploaded content or activities conducted on NG services must be ‘safe for work’. Content or activities that threaten or promote sexual violence or exploitation are strictly prohibited and may be reported to law enforcement. Child exploitation will be reported to local governing authorities.
Activities or content meant to impersonate an individual may be considered harassment. Any attempts to misrepresent yourself as a member of NG’s representatives is a zero-tolerance violation and will result in an indefinite ban.
If you’re granted administrative powers over any of our services, do not abuse these powers! We’ve entrusted you to do a job, please don’t make us regret that.
Advertising other gaming communities is not permitted on any of our services. This goes as far as to include Direct Messaging other users within our community.
The only exception to this rule is in the designated advertising area on our Discord which is only available to Neptune Members.
We prohibit the use of NG Services to facilitate malicious harassment. Harassment may include and not limited to:
- Abusive videos, comments and messages;
- Revealing someone’s personal information, including sensitive personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, passport numbers or bank account details;
- Maliciously recording someone without their consent;
- Deliberately posting content in order to humiliate, intimidate, degrade, abuse or bully someone or that creates a hostile environment for others;
- Making hurtful and negative comments/videos about another person; and lastly,
- Unwanted sexualisation, which encompasses sexual harassment or sexual bullying in any form.
Depending on the severity of the offense, we may ban for from our services without warning.
We’re always working to keep our services free of spam, scams and other deceptive practices that attempts to take advantage of our user base. Such activity includes:
- Posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages or user reports;
- Distributing unauthorized advertisements;
- Blackmail or extortion;
- Defrauding others;
- Spreading malware or viruses;
- Misinformation (such as feigning distress, posting misleading metadata, or intentional channel miscategorization);
- Tampering (such as artificially inflating follow or live viewer stats); and lastly,
- Selling or sharing user accounts.
Here at NG, we encourage free speech and try to defend your right to express unpopular points of view, but we do not permit hate speech. Hate speech refers to content or activities that promotes violence against or has the primary purpose of inciting hatred against individuals or groups based on certain attributes, such as:
- Race or ethnic origin
- National origin
- Sexual orientation/gender identity
- Disability, medical condition or physical characteristics
- Veteran status
Any hateful conduct is considered a zero-tolerance violation and all accounts associated with such conduct will be indefinitely suspended without notice.
Breaking the Law
You must respect all applicable local, national, and international laws whilst using our Services. Any content or activity featuring, encouraging, offering or soliciting illegal activity is strictly prohibited.
NG promotes a safe and friendly environment. Thus, any activities, content or images that does not show fairness or respect to other users, especially towards the opposing team or user whilst participating in one of our events is prohibited.
Violent or Graphic Content
It is not permitted to post violent, graphic or gory content that’s primarily intended to be shocking, sensational or gratuitous on NG Services. Some people post videos that contain dramatised depictions of violence. If such content is not suitable for minors and you are the owner of said content, please specify this and where possible, age restrict the content.
We do not permit terrorist organisations to use NG for any purpose, including recruitment. NG also strictly prohibits content related to terrorism, such as content that promotes terrorist acts, incites violence or celebrates terrorist attacks.
Some language is not appropriate for younger audiences. The use of sexually explicit language or excessive swearing in your content or associated metadata may lead to your content being removed or deleted without warning.
Additional Gaming Content Guidelines
Cheating in Online Games
Any activity, such as cheating, hacking, botting, bug abusing or tampering, that gives the account owner an unfair advantage in an online multiplayer game, is prohibited. This also includes exploiting another broadcaster’s live broadcast in order to harass them in-game, such as stream sniping.
Closed Alphas/Betas and Pre-Release Games
We ask that you respect all publisher/developer-enforced release dates, embargoes, and NDAs by waiting to broadcast these games until everyone else gets to.
Encouraging Terms of Service Violations
If you post content that encourages other users to violate our Rules, Regulations or guidelines, the content may be removed, your account may be penalised and in some cases your account may be terminated.
Additional Rules of Governance
Neptune has many different servers, events, additional rules and terms of service that may be applicable from time to time. These rules stand as valid rules of governance and such be treated by our user base as such at all times. They do not go against our values and should be respected.
Any activity that may endanger your life or lead to your physical harm is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: suicide threats, intentional physical trauma, use of illegal drugs, and drinking excessively.